PURPOSE FOR COLLECTION:
We are fully committed to providing you with information about the collection and use of personal data furnished by, or collected from you while using our web sites, products and services. It is our standard practice not to ask you for information unless we need it. The main purpose for collecting your personal data is to allow us to provide you with the requested services. In addition, information may be collected for the following purposes:
- registering for program membership;
- responding to our communications (e.g., surveys, promotional offers, or reservation confirmations);
- fulfilling requests for services or recommendations we provide you;
- working with third party sources, including processing information you make available via social networking and other web sites, to better assist us with understanding your interests and to serve you better; or
- updating your contact information including your address.
We may also ask your permission to use your personal data for the following purposes:
- Sending you direct marketing messages and communications in relation to the products and services offered by Bags City, our strategic marketing partners, and other trusted third parties;
- Performing market research via surveys to better serve your needs, improve the effectiveness of our web sites, your hotel experience, our various types of communications, advertising campaigns, and/or promotional activities.
- We may also analyze personal data we process for the above-mentioned purposes to better understand our customers’ needs, improve our services and the way we operate. The outcome of such analysis will only be aggregate data that will not to be used to identify, single out, or take action towards an individual, but only to analyze trends and other behavior at aggregate level.
TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT:
We collect information about our customers so that we can provide an experience that is responsive to our customers’ needs. In order to fulfil the above mentioned purposes, we may collect personal data or information relating to you that can identify you, directly or indirectly. Such data may primarily include your name, home address, e-mail addresses, mobile phone, and date of birth, and gender.
When you visit our website, we may also collect internet log information and details of visitor behavior patterns which we only process in a way which does not identify you (or anyone else). If we use your data in this way, we do not attempt to identify you or to single out information on an individual level. If we do want to identify you or single you out, we will make it clear when we collect the information and will explain what we intend to do with it.
You may opt out of Bags City surveys and marketing emails relating to offerings and services, when we collect your information and at any time by clicking on the link included in such communications, or by contacting us directly to opt out of direct marketing, telemarketing, emails or surveys.
DELETION AND RETENTION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA:
Your personal data will be kept in a form which enables to identify you for no longer than it is necessary for the purposes for which we collected and use your data. Your personal data may be retained in certain files for a period of time as required by applicable law and following Bags City data retention policies in order to comply with such financial or legal requirements, to properly resolve disputes or to troubleshoot problems. In addition, some types of information may be stored indefinitely due to technical constraints.
ACCESSING, UPDATING AND REMOVING YOUR PERSONAL DATA:
To ensure that your personal data is accurate and up to date, we encourage you to regularly review and update your information as appropriate (e.g., in the event your phone number or e-mail address changes). If you have Bags City account, you can review and update your individual profile on-line.
If, upon review, you wish to deactivate your Bags City account profile, we will endeavor to do so in a timely manner. Occasionally, information that you request to be removed will be retained as explained above.
Therefore, for the above reasons you should not always expect that all of your personal data will be completely removed from our databases in response to your request, even though we are regularly reviewing our data retention practices to ensure that personal data will not be actively processed and will be accessed only if required by law.
Please refer to the appropriate contact information below to contact us about updating your communication preferences, removal from our marketing lists, or to submit a general question or request.
Bags City recognizes the importance of information security, and is constantly reviewing and enhancing our technical, physical, and logical security rules and procedures. All web sites and servers have security measures in place to help protect your personal data against accidental, loss, misuse, unlawful or unauthorized access, disclosure, or alteration while under our control. Although "guaranteed security" does not exist either on or off the Internet, we safeguard your information using appropriate administrative, procedural and technical safeguards, including password controls, "firewalls" and the use of up to 256-bit encryption based on a Class 3 Digital Certificate issued by VeriSign, Inc. This allows for the use of Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), an encryption method used to help protect your data from interception and hacking while in transit.
Cookies are designed to save you time because they help us to provide you with a customized experience without you having to remind us of your preferences each time you return to our web pages. Bags City cookies are not designed to damage your files, nor can they read information from other files on your computer hard drive.
COOKIES CAN ALSO HELP US PROVIDE YOU WITH A PERSONALIZED EXPERIENCE IN THE FOLLOWING WAYS:
- remembering your user name and password for future visits so log-in is easier and faster.
- ensuring you are provided with the appropriate frames and content
- ensuring you obtain all requested information.
- helping us deliver communications that are relevant and responsive to your interests and location. Bags City cookies are limited to our sites and services only and are not designed to follow you when traveling on the Internet after leaving. We track the usage of our web sites in order to better meet your needs and to help make it easier for you to find information in the future.
If you would prefer not to have the benefits of cookies, your Internet browser can be adjusted to treat cookies in different ways. Depending upon the type of browser you are using, you may be able to configure your browser so that:
- you are prompted to accept or reject cookies on an individual basis or,
- you may be able to prevent your browser from accepting any cookies at all.
You should refer to the supplier or manufacturer of your web browser for specific details about cookie security. However, you should also understand that rejecting cookies might affect your ability to perform certain transactions on our web sites and our ability to recognize your browser from one visit to the next.
Bags City also uses invisible pixels, sometimes called web beacons, to count how many people visit certain web pages. Information collected from invisible pixels is used and reported in the aggregate and does not contain personal data. Bags City may use this information to improve marketing programs and content.
We also work with vendors and strategic marketing partners to help deliver advertisements and personalized content that we believe will be of interest to you. These vendors and other partners include advertisers, advertising agencies, advertising networks, audience segment providers, data exchanges, analytics providers, and other similar providers.
We do not seek to obtain nor does it wish to receive personal data directly from minors; however, we cannot always determine the age of persons who access and use our web sites. If a minor (as defined by applicable law) provides us with his/her data without parental or guardian consent, we encourage the parent or guardian to contact us to have this information removed and to unsubscribe the minor from future Bags City marketing communications.
UPDATING YOUR COMMUNICATION PREFERENCES
If you would like to update your information, modify your communication preferences, or if you do not want to receive marketing communications from Bags City in the future, you can contact us by e-mail: email@example.com